Monday, February 9, 2009

Tears

Last night's worship time as you previously read was incredible! What I did not say was I cried all the way THROUGH it, ALL the way home and even when I got home. God was & still is stirring something in me for sure. 

This morning, I read in Psalm 84 (NLT): "4 What joy for those who can live in Your house, always singing Your praises. 5 What joy for those who strength comes from the Lord, who have set their minds on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. 6 When they walk through the Valley of Weeping it will become a place of refreshing springs. The autumn rains will clothe it with blessings. 7 They will continue to grow stronger, and each of them will appear before God in Jerusalem. 8 O Lord, GOd of Heaven's Armies, hear my prayer. Listen, O God of Jacob..."

God has spoken alot and ALOT I'm still waiting on, but, one thing was that those tears were to bring me refreshment through Him AND to teach me something about His heart for me and my life. And it did! It reminded me of WHY I lead worship! Why I LOVE to lead worship - I LOVE IT and always have. I've been leading worship since a 7th grader and knew I was called to it when there was NOTHING I would rather do and nothing that satisfied me more in the Lord!

I also read in "Windows of the Soul" this morning a quote about tears, "Whenever you find tears in your eyes, especially unexpected tears, it is well to pay the closest attention. They are not only telling you something about the secret of who you are, but more often than not God is speaking to you through them of the mystery of where you have come form and is summoning you to where, if your soul is to be saved, you should go next." Also, another quote says, "So much is distilled in our tears, not the least of which is wisdom in living life. From my own tears (Ken Gire) I have learned that if you follow your tears, you will find your heart. If you find your heart, you will find what is dear to God. And if you find what is dear to God, you will find the answer to how you should live Your life."

For me, living my life to the fullest, is leading worship. And wherever God chooses for that to happen, I will go. And, whatever opportunities He brings, I will surrender to those things. I am excited to see what is in the horizon for me and the Lord. I think through those tears He reminded me of the joy of leading worship too and ministering to people through song. For me worship is allowing God to sing over us and us to sing over Him. It says in Zephaniah 3:17, "The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in You, He will quiet You with His love, and He will rejoice over you with singing!" BEAUTIFUL! I want to be still and quiet and allow Him to continue singing over me and blessing me with the privilege to sing over His children as well!

THANK YOU GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment