Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What 2012 Has in Store for Me

Well, it's been almost a year since I've actually updated this blog. So, New Years Resolution #10 is to journal and blog more often. So, here it goes :)

I don't know if it's because turning "30" is looming ahead of me this year or I just have a better outlook starting the year, but, I got so excited, I sat down and wrote New Years Resolutions. I've been thinking a lot about the upcoming year and I know changes are coming, but, good ones. I am very excited about what God has in store and what He longs to walk me through and teach me this year. I really want to be as open to Him and others as I can this year, trying new things, while being more intentional with every opportunity I'm given.

One of my resolutions is being more intentional & specific in my prayers for my children. Someone had given me a handout of prayers from "The Power of a Praying Parent", so I have started on Day 1 and now on Day 3 praying through scriptures for them. So, far securing protection, feeling loved & accepted, and establishing an eternal future. It's already been so rich! It has also given me more patience with them and allowed me to make the most of my teaching times with them through good things, discipline, etc.

I have also missed reading books! I just could NOT fit that in much this year. If it wasn't the Bible, I didn't have much, if any, time to read it. But, I finished a book in a day last week and that got me very jazzed! So, if you have any recommendations, please send them my way.

And, over all, I just want to be more like Jesus. I want God to shape, mold, teach, stretch me in all facets of my life (scary prayer, I know!) that I may truly know Jesus and be able to love, serve, and truly see people the way He does today.

Well, it looks like I have much ahead of me. I better hop to it. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment